Established in 1996 - IRS 501 (c)(4)
Who We Are
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be CENTRO ARGENTINO.
ARTICLE II: OBJECT
This is a non-profit organization. The purpose of this organization shall be to promote and to foster:
1. The unity and friendship of the Argentinians living in the Dallas/Forth Worth Metropolitan area.
2. The knowledge of Argentinian culture.
3. Literary and educational purposes.
4. Interamerican relations.
5. Organizations that serve as gathering nucleus for Argentineans.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERS
1. ELIGIBILITY: Any individual or family who desires to help in achieving the goals of this organization may become a member by submitting an application to the Board of Directors. Once accepted by the Board by majority vote the prospective member/s shall pay the annual dues for the first year.
2. REQUIRED DUES: The Board of Directors shall set the schedule of dues for each year. Membership dues shall be approved by simple majority at the annual general meeting. Memberships are due and payable within the first ten days of each year, with a grace period that extends until the end of January. The Treasurer shall notify members not in compliance.
3. TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP:
INDIVIDUAL: Corresponds to any person who singly wishes to join the organization. This type of membership entitles the member to one vote during the general meeting held for the election of the Board of Directors.
FAMILY: Corresponds to spouses and children under the age of 21. This membership entitles the household to one vote during the general meeting held for the election of the Board of Directors.
TERMINATION: Any member/s wishing to resign from the organization shall notify in writing his/her decision to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has the authority to terminate the membership of any member who does not abide by the by-laws of this organization.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS
1. The Board of Directors of this organization shall consist of a President, a President Elect, and six Officers.
2. Only members in good standing can be nominated for the Board of Directors. But the office of the President shall be occupied only by an Argentinean. Exceptions could be made with the approval of two thirds of the members.
3. Officers shall be elected by direct and secret vote of the members in good standing. Vote by proxy is allowed.
4. The President shall serve for one year. The President Elect shall serve one year in this capacity and then becomes President. The six Officers shall serve for two years, with three of them being renewed in alternate years.
5. The terms of the officers of the Board of Directors shall commence on the 15th day of February immediately after the annual general meeting.
6. For the Board of Directors elected in 1997, the following special provisions will apply:
6.1: The President and President Elect shall be elected at the same time.
6.2: The two Officers with the least number of votes in the general election shall be renewed after the first year of office. In a case of a tie, the Board of Directors will decide which Officers shall be renewed.
7. The Board of Directors shall elect within its members a Treasurer and a Secretary for a one year term.
8. No member shall hold more than one elected office at a time.
9. Any vacancy occurring among the Board of Directors by death, resignation or otherwise shall be filled by election for the unexpired term, at the next special meeting of the Board of Directors. In the event of a vacancy occurring in the office of the President, the President Elect shall become President until the expiration of his/her original term. In the event of a vacancy occurring in the office of the President Elect, the Board of Directors shall call a special general election meeting to fill in the post.
In the case of vacancy of an Officer, the Board of Director shall designate a replacement for the remaining of the unexpired term.
ARTICLE V: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. PRESIDENT: Preside the Board of Directors and general meetings. Keep the Board fully informed of the work of the organization and perform any other duties delegated by the Board of Directors.
The vote of the President shall count as two in case of a tie in the meetings of the Board of Directors.
The President shall present a semi-annual report to be presented to the members
2. PRESIDENT ELECT: Be acquainted with the work of the organization, participate in the Board of Directors meetings with the right to vote and perform any other duties as delegated by the Board of Directors.
3. SECRETARY: Keep records of all proceedings of the organization - usually called the minutes. Keep on file all committees reports. Make the minutes and records available to members upon request. Sign all certified copies of acts of the organization. Maintain a record book containing the by-laws and minutes and any amendments properly documented. Prepare prior to each meeting an order of business for the use of the presiding officer. In the absence of the President, to call a meeting to order and preside until the immediate election of the chair for that meeting who shall act as an interim President. Perform any other duties as delegated by the Board of Directors.
4. TREASURER: The Treasurer of the organization is the officer entrusted with the custody of its funds. The Treasurer is required to collect dues from members, to deposit such dues and other funds pertaining to the organization in a bank account of the organization, to notify the member whose dues are in arrears, to keep the organization*s official membership roll, to make such interim financial reports as directed by the Board, and to make an annual full financial report.
5. OFFICERS: Vote in the Board of Directors meetings and perform any duties applicable to the office of counselors and other business delegated by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE VI: MEETINGS
1. The Board of Directors shall call a general meeting of the members in good standing once a year for the purpose of electing officers, receiving reports of officers and committees and for any other business that may arise.
The annual general meeting shall be held within the first fourteen days of February of each year.
The order of business of the general meeting shall be included in the call to the meeting and cannot be altered.
2. The Board of Directors shall hold a meeting at least every two months. The quorum is formed for at least five members of the Board of Directors.
3. Special general meetings may be called by the President and shall be called upon the written request of at least fifteen members in good standing. The purpose of the meeting shall be stated in the call. At least fifteen days notice shall be given. Modification of these by-laws and removal of elected officers require the approval by direct and secret vote of at least two thirds of all members in good standing at the time of the special meeting.
4. For purpose of constituting quorum at the regular general meeting, twenty five per cent of the members are required.
ARTICLE VII: ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. Candidates to hold office as members of the Board of Directors shall be nominated and seconded from the floor by members in good standing during the annual general meeting. In case of a tie, the President of the Board of Directors shall cast a deciding vote.
2. The officers of the Board of Directors shall be elected by a simple majority of the members in good standing present, and by proxy, at the annual general meeting.
3. Special provision for the first election of the organization: a tie between two contending candidates for a seat at the Board of Directors shall be broken with a Truco game without "flor" between the tied candidates. The winner shall become the elected officer.
ARTICLE VIII: COMMITTEES
Members may form committees to perform different activities as deemed necessary. The Committees shall report to the Board of Directors.
The Argentine Center of Dallas / Fort Worth was founded in March 1996 in order to provide a group for Argentines, Argentine families and friends of the Dallas-Fort Worth area in northern Texas, United States.
Our group is primarily social, and secondarily cultural. To that effect we organize meetings, meals, dances, music events, etc. Several times a year the Center groups offer cultural activities to the general public. Within the scope of our activities, there is no place for political, moral, religious nor racial issues. The Center is also not limited to the Argentine people as we welcome the participation of all Americans and Latin Americans (such as Uruguayans, Chileans, Paraguayans, Bolivians, Peruvians, Colombians, Venezuelans, Ecuadorians, etc).
f you have not had the chance to attend one of our events, please take the opportunity to come to any of the upcoming ones. Check the website for more details and to contact us. We assure that you will be quite welcome and pleased. Do not miss out!!!!
Our Board of Directors
On April 14, 2019 the Annual Meeting for the election of a new Board of Directors was held. The new Board of Directors 2019/2020 is composed by the following members:
President: Daniel Schmidt
President Elect: Alberto Iannariello
Secretary: Lus Crespo
Treasurer: Jorge Gak
Officer: Cindy Gordon
Officer: Agustín Maloberti
Officer: Alfredo Santesteban
Officer: Ignacio Pujana
President 1997: Alberto Iannariello
President 1998: Cristián Gandolfo
President 1999: Jorge Cortés
President 2000: Juan Gentile
President 2001: Daniel Ferrari
President 2002: Jorge Cortés
President 2003: Roberto Furlong
President 2004: Alberto Iannariello
President 2005: Alfredo Santesteban
President 2006: Claudio Durand
President 2007: Graciela Katzer
President 2008: Cristián Gandolfo
President 2009: Alberto Iannariello
President 2010: Graciela Saracho
President 2011: Juan Gentile
President 2012: Victor Aboudara
President 2013: Alfredo Santesteban
President 2014: Alberto Iannariello
President 2015: Alberto Iannariello
President 2016: Daniel Schmidt
President 2017: Daniel Schmidt
President 2018: Cristian Gandolfo
President 2019: Daniel Schmidt